Tuesday, September 25, 2007

We must prepare for the coming of Gozer

My unborn child has a derby name already: "Gozer the Destructor".

I actually chose that name for myself, and was briefly registered under that name, but later decided that the reference was a bit too obsuse for the general public, and I wasn't sure how I felt about being called "Gozer" on a regular basis.

For anyone still not in on the joke:


"Gozer the Traveller; he will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii, the Traveller came as a large and moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex Supplicants, they chose a new form for him -- that of a Giant Sloar! Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you!"


In my warped little mind, I thought it would be very funny for Gozer to take on the form of a badass roller derby girl.

Just a few weeks after taking on a new name, I found myself several weeks pregnant, and it was decided that this upcoming baby indeed WAS "Gozer the Destructor", in that he/she destroyed my derby season.

Anyway, Gozer attended his/her third in-utero bout this weekend, and is making quite the bulgy appearance as I do my damnest to get one of my gals ready to get back out onto the floor and knock some bitches down.

Compare that to how I looked on March 24th, the day I found out about Gozer's imminent arrival. (I'm in the red shirt, showing off a flat belly).



ANYWAY - only 7 weeks to go! I am (sadly) done volunteering for my derby league's bout production committee so I can concentrate on getting things squared away at home and at work before baby arrives. So much to do, so little time . . . but I keep reminding myself that I'm a box of preemie diapers away from "just fine" if baby decides to make an early appearance.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your brown and white polka dot shirt. You look awesome!

Unknown said...

I wasn't able to see your photos, but I bet you look cute! Wow! Only seven weeks left? You are very close to done.

This is so exciting I can't wait to find out if Gozer is a he or a she!

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Just wait till Gozer finds out what he/she is named after and wants to watch it ALL THE TIME. Coincidentally, my 4-year-old's favorite movie is Ghostbusters. I have no idea how or why that happened.

AM said...

AWWWW! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Your derby friends look like they are a lot of fun to hang out with!

Anonymous said...

Too excited to wait have baby now!
Just kidding (sorta). Keep up your nesting and before you know if you will be back on skates!
P.S. You are the gate keeper

Tony Brewer said...

So that makes you the Gate Keeper and Mr. H the Key Master, right? I nominate Darin for Slimer.

Anonymous said...

Gozer and AbFab references. You are so my BFF.