Friday, October 12, 2007

Ukulele bliss

This is the Ukelele Orchestra of Great Britian playing the theme from "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly".

My fellow farkaholics have probably seen this already, but I feel compelled to share this with everyone else - I got a full body buzz from it. As a reference point, I've been known to tear up at the sound of a badass pipe organ, visibly twitch at the sound of poorly-tuned instruments and quite possibly take music too seriously.

On a personal note, I still prefer my younger sister's rendition of this theme, which she played maaaaany years ago on an oversized plastic bendy straw while sitting by a campfire - I'll never forget it. Love you very much, Alie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a thing for bag pipes. Kev and I went to the Scottish Games festival this year. The drum and pipe band kicked ass.

Chris Cactus said...

Its things like this that tell me the world is an alright place. Awesome.

Anonymous said...

I freaking love this.

Anonymous said...

OMG YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS

the same group, doing "smells like teen spirit", live.

http://www.b3ta.com/links/10932

ps. i hadda dream about your baby last night. what a cutie! (definite gender was revealed, so i'll be very interested to find out if i/my dreambrain was right!)

Anonymous said...

Denise stole my comment! They totally tear it up doing Nirvana.
I totally want their DVD for Xmas.